Nominees for the Amazon.ca 2009 First Novel Award have been announced. The prize is $7500.
And the nominees are:
- No Place Strange, by Diana Fitzgerald Bryden
- The Golden Mean by Annabel Lyon
- Come, Thou Tortoise, by Jessica Grant
- Goya’s Dog, by Damian Tarnopolsky
- Diary of Interrupted Days, by Dragan Todorovic
- Daniel O’Thunder, by Ian Weir
The winner will be announced in April in Toronto. All finalists get a $750 gift certificate redeemable at www.amazon.ca.
NB: Annabel Lyon’s The Golden Mean was a finalist for the Scotiabank Giller Prize, the Governor General’s Award, and the Rogers Writer’s Trust Fiction Prize in 2009. It won the latter. I haven’t yet read this book but from the sounds of it, it’s worth checking out!